Anyone else love food as much as me? What about cooking? For as long as I can remember I have enjoyed being in a kitchen and creating an amazing meal to share with my loved ones. When I was a kid anytime my Dad was in the kitchen he would put me up on the counter tops and jam classic Tejano music and we would dance, sing, and cook for the family. I grew up knowing that food can be created with so much love and that is what I hope to bring you.
This recipe is one of Rob and I’s favorites and one that we go to often when we have a busy day and don’t want to eat out. It is tasty, nutritious and easy to prepper. You will find yourself throwing this into your weekly family meal rotation.
30 Minute Healthy Dinner Recipe: Ground Turkey Teriyaki
Ground Turkey Teriyaki
- 1 LB Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet of Teriyaki Stir Fry Kit or you can chop up veggies of your choice
- 1 1/2 TSP Uncle Chris Steak Seasoning
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Onion Powder
- 3/4 Cup Your favorite Teriyaki Sauce
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP Unsalted Butter
Your Choice of Rice
- Cauliflower Rice
- White Rice
- Brown Rice
- Cook Ground Turkey. In a large saute non-stick pan over medium heat add ground turkey and seasonings. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Veggies. Add in your Stir Fry Kit Mixed Vegetables or your own chopped vegetables. Season with fresh cracked black pepper and mix around with ground turkey.
- Saucey. Pour teriyaki sauce over sauteed veggies and ground turkey and mix thoroughly. There you have it. All DONE.
- Rice Variations. If you want a lower carb meal you can use Cauliflower rice as a subsite from White or Brown rice. Whatever your preference is. When making Cauliflower rice use a nonstick pan and add 1 TBSP of butter, toss in your cauliflower rice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Tips + TricksDepending on how saucey you want your ground turkey and veggies, you can add or take away the amount of teriyaki sauce used. If you are chopping your own vegetables prep before cooking the meal. Another substitution for rice are sweet potatoes. They are great complex carbs and filled with many nutrients. You can bake in the oven tossed in teriyaki sauce at 400 °F for 25-30 minutes or until crispy. This is a great meal to meal prep for the week. Super tasty and healthy.