My guilty pleasure is this pasta recipe. I have never had a sweet tooth but my love pasta is undeniable and this dish is so easy to make that you can make it in bulk for leftovers. The pasta portion of this recipe only requires 7 simple ingredients.
The chicken portion of this recipe is simple as well because once you season it and place it in the oven, it is out of sight while you work on your pasta. All together this a quick recipe and will become a family dinner favorite.
Also please excuse my paper plates LOL and not so pretty pictures. I did not anticipate baseball season actually happening so I was not able to recreate this recipe with nicer pictures before we left to other side of the country.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 Cup Pecorino Romano
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 3/4 Box Spaghetti
- 6 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
- 5 Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Uncle Chris Steak Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Set your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. (Start boiling pasta water with salt)
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place your thin sliced chicken breasts on top. Coat your chicken with olive oil on the top and bottom.
- Season with all seasonings listed above to your liking and squeeze half of lemon on top after you seasoned both sides of the chicken. This will help the chicken not become dry while baking in the oven and it adds a nice flavor with the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once done baking I cut the breasts into slices and place on top of served finished pasta.
- Your water is already on the stove boiling so let that come to a boil.
- As your water is boiling, cut your bacon into thin slices and cook them on a skillet over medium heat until fully cooked but NOT CRISPY. Once your bacon is cooked set the skillet with cooked bacon to the side.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs, 2 yolks and Pecorino Romano and Parmesan. Season with a pinch of salt and a generous amount of cracked black pepper. Set aside.
- Add pasta to the water and boil until cooked all the way (I still do the test where if the pasta sticks to the wall, it is ready). Reheat your bacon and reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain pasta and add to the skillet with your bacon over low heat. Stir for a minute or so.
- At this time fill another mixing bowl with hot water and microwave for about 1-2 minutes until bowl becomes hot. Dump the water out of the bowl and dry with kitchen towel.
- Add your pasta with bacon in the mixing bowl you just microwaved. Stir in the mixture with eggs and cheeses you set aside earlier, adding in some reserved pasta water slowly to get that creamy texture. Serve with chicken and top it with additional grated pecorino and cracked black pepper.