benefits + journal prompts
Since college, journaling has always been a way for me to get what’s in my head out on to paper and visually see it in person to fully process my thoughts. There is no one way to journal but personally I have 3 journals and 1 bullet journal. I KNOW it seems excessive but you have to do what works best for you. I literally have one for everything in my life that needs separation so I don’t mix it up and it keeps me organized. There is something about a cute journal, a blank page, and color coordinating pens that really allows me to freely think and pump out more ideas. I like that I am able to turn back to previous pages and see my thought process for that day because I date each page by month, week and day. That way I can pick up on anything I left off on.
- Business development, self development, and coaching.
- Content creation, content prep, blog, research for blog and Instagram.
- Bible study journal
- Calendar, weekly must-dos, checklist for the day, daily gratitude, daily wins and takeaways.
Bullet journaling is something new I picked up back in February and it has become an obsession. I always invest in this cute customized planner and then it just sits there all year long unused. A bullet journal is a blank canvas with little dots on the page that allows you to create a calendar and schedule that fits for you, and merges all your tasks and daily checklists in one place.
The first page of my journal is dedicated to the key. It has each symbol drawn with the meaning next to it. After that its broken down into weekly tasks and to-dos and a daily checklists, along with monthly habits to track and keep me accountable. Every morning this is the first journal I grab and do a complete brain dump of all the things I need to get done and want to get done. ALWAYS ALWAYS have your 3 non-negotiables, these are three that are high priority for the day and this will remove that guilt of not checking the other stuff off your list because your high priorities were done.
I can’t imagine my life without my little yellow bullet journal. It’s such a versatile little book and whatever I need is right there on the pages, dated (which is a great record keeper too). I am going to link my pinterest board where I get my inspiration from and daily I am updating this with cute ways to level up your bullet journaling game. The image below is also linked with journals and bullet journals and pens I love to use.
+ you work thoughts out better on paper
+ it inspires productivity
+ act of self-care
+ relieves anxiety
+ sets up your day
+ produces positive thoughts & positive self talk
+ boosts memory
+ reduces stress
- Self Care
- how did I recharge today
- what makes me feel present
- what is one way I can pour back into myself today
- what causing me stress right now
- self care routine
- Self Love
- daily affirmations
- 3 things I love about myself
- 3 ways I am bettering myself
- what have I achieved in life big or small
- gratitude – list 3
- write I am worthy, I am kind, I am beautiful
- Confidence Boost
- I feel my best when
- 3 things I love about my appearance
- what is the most negative thought about myself – write out the truth to this lie
- thank you entry to your body and mind
- write I am a bad bitch until you believe it
- Mental Health
- what made me anxious today and how can I fix it
- what makes me happy
- who makes me happy
- what is my inner critic saying
- what triggered my emotions today
- what are 3 things I can do today to enhance my mental well being
- Self Development
- listen to a podcast and write one takeaway
- your big win for the day – big or small
- small goals
- big goals
- how can I be better than yesterday
- what challenged me today & how can I challenge myself tomorrow?
- Calendar + Schedule
- weekly must-dos
- daily tasks
- self care non negotiables (schedule time for you)
- daily habits – workouts, water intake, meditation, journaling, being kind, money spending