Rob and I lived in Scottsdale, Arizona about 1.5 mi from the heart of Old Town where you can find all the fun spots, shops, and delicious restaurants. I have always shared my recommendations when people would ask over IG or text so I figured after our most recent trip to Scottsdale it was time to finally just put it all down it a blog post so it had a place to live permanently. This guide will cover restaurants, hotels & BnBs, and things to do that can be used to help plan your next bachelorette/bachelor tip, friends vacation, or family get away.
A little background story – We bought a home in Scottsdale after the 2016 season and we lived there for about 3 years, Rob has done 7 spring trainings in Arizona, and I lived in AZ once we got the house and I would go back and forth when Rob and I were doing long distance so I feel we have a pretty good list of recommendations for you. Most all I just hope this helps!
Best times of the year to visit
I lived in Scottsdale FULL TIME YEAR ROUND so when I say stay AWAY from here in the summers I mean it. LOL. It is so hot and yes it is dry heat compared to the humid summers in Texas, but I prefer summers in Texas because you cannot be outside in AZ from about 12-8 from May-September. The best time to be in Scottsdale is October-April and the even better months are December-March. The weather is absolutely perfect.
Where to stay
- The Fairmont Princess – about 16 miles from Old Town, this beautiful resort is little bit more North Scottsdale near Paradise Valley and The Scottsdale Quarter. My favorite place to have a spa day and get a massage.
- The Andaz Scottsdale Resort – another beautiful resort that is closer in distance to Old Town (3 miles) but in the heart of Paradise Valley.
- The Scott Resort and Spa – This hotel is so aesthetically beautiful and the perfect place for a couples getaway, girls trip, and bachelorette/bachelor trip. It is in the heart of Old Town as well so Uber trips or scooter rides are feasible.
- The W Scottsdale – This hotel is right off of Camelback and Scottsdale Rd and within walking distance to Scottsdale Fashion Square, the Entertainment District (bar scene), and restaurants. A really great Old Town option that is known for their rooftop pool parties, so I would consider this place for a bach trip or vacation with the girls or boys.
- The Saguaro Scottsdale – THIS PLACE is filled with color in a very desert-y aesthetic way. This a well known instagramable hotel because it is such vibe. A great Old Town hotel option that I recommend you book for a stay or just go grab some food or drinks (they do recommend booking a reservation at their restaurant if plan on just dining here.)
- Hotel Adeline – An adorable Scottsdale boutique hotel that is more affordable yet still offers all the things you need to have a great vacation from their pool to their dine in restaurant and bar.
- Hotel Valley Ho – Similar vibes to Saguaro but more clean cut and has a retro modern vibe. Their food is amazing and they have a GIANT pool that is perfect for a pool party day, and they also have a spa on site as well if you are wanting a spa day for yourself or with the girls.
- Canopy by Hilton – This is the newest hotel in Old Town and the design of this place is so PRETTY. They have some of the best views of Camelback Mountain and they are also in the heart of Old Town.
For Airbnbs I am going to list our home which is now a rental and then next door to our home is our property manager’s airbnb rental as well. The Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is 7.7 miles away which one of greatest parts about the location of these two homes.
Where to eat
I am going to break it up by breakfast, lunch, and dinner just know that some of these restaurants that I consider dinner spots do offer amazing brunch on the weekends and I cannot remember exactly which ones but a quick google or yelp search will give you those details.
- Dutch Bros
- Schmooze Bar and Breakfast
- Street Brew Coffee
- Cartel Coffee Lab
- Sip Coffee & Beer
- Press Coffee
- Echo Coffee
- Black Rock Coffee Bar
- Provision Coffee
- JOJO Coffeehouse
Breakfast & Brunch
- The Breakfast Club
- Daily Dose
- Hash Kitchen (best place for delicious dishes and boozy drinks)
- Butters Pancakes & Café (SOOO GOOOOD)
- Alo Café
- D’Lite Healthy On The Go
- OEB Breakfast
- Breakfast Kitchen Bar
- Brunch & Sip
- JOJO Coffeehouse
- The Bread and Honey House
- Olive & Ivy
- Farm & Craft
- They Henry
- Arcadia Farms Cafe
- Original ChopShop
- Morning Squeeze – Hit or Miss but great drinks
- The Montauk
- The Herb Box
Lunch & Early Dinner
- Farm & Craft
- Diego Pops (get the brussel sprout nachos)
- Original ChopShop
- Rehab Burger Therapy (PB&J Burger, Porkster Burger, Mac-n-cheese Burger)
- The Montauk
- Grassroots Kitchen & Tap
- Fate Brewing
- DeFalco’s Italian Eatery
- Culinary Dropout
- Flower Child
- Postino’s (their bruschetta boards are out of this world and the wine selection is amazing)
- Blanco Taco’s and Tequila
- SumoMaya (also a great dinner option)
- OHSO Brewing
- Chelsea’s Kitchen
- Los Sombreros
- Geisha A Go Go
- Zipps Sports Bar (get the golden wings crispy)
- Pita Jungle
- Ike’s Love & Sandwiches
- Cheba Hut Toasted Subs (GO HERE)
- Ocean 44 (really nice steak and seafood dinner)
- Steak 44 (really nice steak dinner)
- Toca Madera
- Buck & Rider (they do brunch as well)
- Citizen Public House
- Maple & Ash
- Roaring Fork
- The Mission
- Barrio Queen
- Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila
- North Italia
- Fellow Osteria
- Spinato’s Pizza (more of a late lunch spot but I LOVE THIS PLACE and I am not a pizza girl. Get the Spaghetti Calzone.)
- Koda Sushi Sake
- Hiro Sushi
- AZ 88
where to grab drinks & Nightlife
- RnR Gastropub (bottomless mimosas and bloody mary’s)
- Bevvy (you can get a bottle of champagne or prosecco on Saturdays for $15, overall great day drinking spot)
- Cold Beer & Cheeseburgers
- Patties (day and night time bar)
- Coach House
- The Canal Club (this in the Scott Resort)
- Scapegoat Beer and Wine
- Rusty Spur Saloon (Old Town legendary spot)
- Wine Girl
- Sidecar Social Club
- Kazimierz Wine & Whiskey Bar (there is usually a cover fee)
- Sorso Wine Room
Below is night time clubs/bars
- Boondocks Patio
- Maya Day and Nightclub
- Bottle Blonde
- Cas Amigos
- Riot House
- Waisted Grain
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row
- El Hefe
- The District
THings to do within 20 mile radius
- The Phoenix Zoo
- Butterfly Wonderland – The LARGEST butterfly pavillion in the US
- Sunrise or Sunset Hot Air Balloon Rides (I believe this is bit of further drive but so worth it)
- Desert Botanical Garden
- Roosevelt Row Arts District
- Hike – Camelback Mountain (hike the Cholla Trail side because it is path vs the Echo Trail side which is basically like rock climbing. Bring WATER and SUNSCREEN), Desert Foothills Loop (very long hike/trail so bring water and sunscreen as well)
- Trails – Papago Park Butte Loop, Hole in The Rock Trail, Arizona Canal Trail, Tempe Town Lake Trail, and A Mountain Trail.
- Scottsdale Party Bike
- Spa Day – I love Well & Being Spa at the Fairmont Princess because you get access to a ton of amenities and rooftop pool with a bar.
- The Talking Stick Casino
- Catch a spring training game if you are there between Mid-February through March
- Shop: Scottsdale Fashion Square, Kierland Commons, and The Scottsdale Quarter
Scottsdale is such a great place to visit and spend some quality time with your significant other, or plan a vacation with your boys or girls here. I promise you will not be let down and will be dreading the flight back home. Nothing beats the beautiful desert views you get here. Have fun!
Xo Natalie Z