About 8 months ago I shared my morning and nighttime skincare routines and since then I have seen a HUGE difference in my skin, but to be completely transparent when I first started a skincare routine it was a lot of trial and error when I was doing my research to see what might work for my skin. I don’t know if you remember but around September I was having a full mental breakdown on Instagram about my skin and the scarred acne because I had to film for a collaboration. Well my skin is finally in a happy non-irritated place again and a few things I have learned along the way:
- Drink water. I mean at least 64 oz daily. Buy yourself a cute water bottle that doesn’t feel intimidating and chug a lug.
- Remove any excess drinking from your week. I have tried to keep my drinking to a minimum by just drinking on the weekends and maybe a glass or two of wine on Bach nights.
- Your gut health is so important when it comes to skin appearance. I have started take a pro-biotic pill everyday. This also helps with bloating.
- Less products is better for your skin. I have oily skin in the summers, in the winters I have combination skin, and I have bigger pores as I age. I was clogging my pores with too many products before so less is better especially if you have oily skin.
- STOP picking at your face. The scarring will never go away and your dirty fingers are going to irritate those pimples and scars.
- Use a PMD Cleansing Brush. The vibrations help get a deeper clean in your pores, and it helps firm and tone your skin. If there is anything you take away it is that you use a cleansing brush in your routine.
Great news though because I basically still use the same products from the previous blog, I just give my skin what it needs day to day with less products used. I did switch a few things but more the most part all is the same.
Cleanse – The Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser
Serums – Summer Fridays CC Vitamin C Serum
Eye Balm – Tula Cooling & Brightening Eye Balm
SPF – Supergoop Glow Screen SPF
Moisturize – I do not moisturize every morning, only my skin is extra dry. If I do moisturize in the AM I use…The Clinique Moisture Surge or CeraVe Moisturizer.
Cleanse – CeraVe Facial Cleanser for Oily to Normal Skin
Serums – Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Oil and Ordinary Niacinamide 10% (this ordinary serum will help prevent acne and stubborn acne on the face)
Retinol Eye Cream – Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Sleeping Eye Mask
Exfoliate – Tula So Poreless Deep Exfoliating Blackhead Scrub (I do this about 2-3 times a week, alternating between every other day).
Cold Compacts/Frozen Facial Roller – I freeze my facial roller and do this to my face almost every morning.
Facial Mask – Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
That is it for me. I have cut my products down in half and will switch out oils and serums depending on what my skin needs but this has been my routine the last 3 months and it has helped a lot. As always if you have any questions shoot me a message girly.